Sunday, October 15, 2006

Quest for Unicode

This was lacking. CJK language support in Hints (the Korean text example displayed here is nonsense).

Every time I go back to the publishing module, a "showstopper" event occurs that pulls me off it again. A few days ago I implemented Unicode support for the board hint.

But because the component I used for that is buggy, the program crashed at exit. It took me about 5 hours to find that out (I can't concentrate very well). Some weird stack overwrite due to a rogue pointer.

I then tried to do it another way, but due to yet another bug in that 3rd party code, that didn't work either.

So in good "not invented here" tradition, I decided to roll my own! See here the result.