Saturday, November 12, 2005

x64

I can now confirm that Moyo Go Studio works on 64-bit Windows™. I was a little nervous about that - quite a few well-known software packages don't yet. Another thing I can confirm is that MoyoGo works on multi-CPU machines. Also this is a non-trivial thing for multithreaded applications, programs that use multiple threads of execution can work fine on a single CPU but if no care is taken by the programmer, they might "hang" when multiple CPU's are present.

Yet another thing that has been verified to work is running on a machine with more than 3 GB of memory. The only thing I had to do was to get rid of the "Moyo Go needs at least 360 MB to work comfortably" warning, because for some reason having 4 GB of RAM made it think it had almost no RAM to work with. Google Earth has yet to fix this: When I tried to install it it told me that my computer did not have enough memory or a powerful enough CPU, and it refused to install. I suspect it is not an API issue, but due to an assymmetric allocation of NUMA resources.