Monday, November 07, 2005

Kimchi

I am falling in love with Korean culture.

I watched two Korean films recently, Park Chan-Wook's "Old Boy" (or "Oldboy") and Kim Ki-Duk's "Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring". These films were awesome.

So I decided to buy a kilo of kimchi (-: Oslo recently got its first Korean toko/restaurant. I'm afraid the peasants here won't give it the time of day though.

Kimchi has been shown in peer-reviewed medical literature to help cure H5N1, Avian Influenza. Nobody knows why. It's "Sauerkraut++", spiced-up fermented cabbage. Lots of good Acidophillus bacteria, and I need those because I have been taking incredibly high doses of antibiotics since the previous millenium. I have a chronic infection in my brain (neuroborreliosis) and anything I can do to ameliorate the bad effects of the antibiotics - especially when it tastes as good as kimchi or natto - is welcome.