Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Jewel case inlays printed

The first few dozen MoyoGo's were sold without a jewel case inlay (only the CD was printed).

Later, simultaneously with switching to DVD, I used a self-printed tear-off inlay. I did the artwork myself but it looks great. It was a terrible hassle to print hundreds of Fellowes Neato inlays, tear bits & pieces off and fold them into the jewel cases, so since I am running out of them, I went to the printers' around the corner today and ordered a thousand real ones.

Amazing ice cones as thick as arms and more than a metre long are hanging from overhanging roof edges - people have been very seriously injured when they fell. It looks awesome - perhaps I'll take a picture tomorrow.

The printers' just called me to approve of the a trial run and I received a sample. It looks beautiful! The colors are deeper, warmer and more "even". Tomorrow afternoon the batch will be finished on thick glossy paper. 500 USD. I could have done it cheaper in Czechia (my girlfriend is from there and I have lived there for a year), but as with many things that are cheaper elsewhere, it's also an extra hassle getting things done exactly how I want it.

They fit perfectly in their cases and look so good that I will throw away the few old ones that remain!