Friday, March 31, 2006

Good News For People Who Like Problems

Today I started - finally - with coding up support for the Ishi format (.go and .prb), so that Go problem collections will be supported. A few days ago I reduced the amount of memory game collections take, because I want to do this properly. I still haven't gotten around to finishing the on-demand loading of game collections, so SmartGo still outsmarts me in that (SmartGo does not crash when you load a 40,000 game collection, MoyoGo still does but then again, MoyoGo has a much better solution to handle game collections: A relational SQL database information system :)

Quite a few (potential) customers have asked for this, perhaps because 4000 problems have been made available by www.aygoschool.com

How long this will take?
Heaven permitting, not more than a few days.