Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sore Losers

I was quietly minding my own business yesterday, when suddenly the lights went out for Moyo Go. They pulled the plug on it, so to say.

Damn! So I Skyped my spineless hosting provider PowWeb in the good ol' US of A, and hit a brick wall. They told me that someone had told them I am a criminal, and for the rest they had no comment. They did not want to connect me to anyone else, neither did they return my emails.

Some helpful folks on the Internet told me that this happens all the time. In the US, any competitor or random person can make a frivolous Copyright infriction claim and Bob's not your uncle any more.

Boy oh boy.. Imagine you're having some kind of eCommerce business hosted in the US!

I abhor things that break easily so I decided to move not only my hosting provider somewhere else, but the domain registration as well. You never know.

I am now hosted by a sweet little hosting company in the idyllic little country of Russia. Yes, the one with the nukes. And they told me that people like Anders Kierulf and John Fairbairn and Roy Laird would have to come to Moscow and win a courtcase, if they wanted to fuck me over.

We really talked this through thoroughly. The folks in Moscow told me I was going to be hosted in Moscow instead of on one of their US-based servers. When physically hosted in Russia, the rug could not be yanked from underneath me any more.